President Biden’s Speech at the Signing of S. 3373, “The Sergeant First Class Heath Robinson Honoring Our Commitment to Address Comprehensive Toxics (PACT) Act of 2022”

A fraction of a percent among you – less than 1 percent – put everything on the line to protect the remaining 99 percent of the population. We are indebted to you. You are the bedrock, the strength, the resilience, and the essential component that defines the essence of this nation. This isn’t an exaggeration; it’s an undeniable truth.

The White House

Dept. of Justice Outlines Option to Settle Camp Lejeune Lawsuits More Quickly

About Lawsuits, Irvin Jackson, September 12, 2023

The U.S. government has filed a notice to inform judges presiding over all Camp Lejeune water contamination lawsuits of a new “Elective Option”, detailing the voluntary process that will allow individuals to quickly settle claims involving certain injuries linked to toxic chemicals that contaminated water at the North Carolina military base. The Department of Justice and U.S. Navy first announced the elective Camp Lejeune settlement option on September 7, offering up to $550,000 to veterans and their families if they suffered specific medical conditions, including kidney cancer, liver cancer, non-Hodgkins lymphoma, leukemias, bladder cancer, multiple myeloma, Parkinson’s disease, kidney disease and systemic sclerosis.

Allyson Rupp (she/her) | Dewey Square Group

Senior Associate

1801 K Street, NW Suite 900

Washington, D.C. 20006

Direct: 240-232-2184